GLP Releases Annual ESG Report
The company’s annual ESG report was prepared in reference to the internationally recognized GRI Universal Standards
Singapore, 11 October 2022 – GLP today announced the release of its annual global environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) report detailing its vision and efforts to reduce environmental impact, address climate change, support local communities, promote diversity, uphold corporate governance and more.
Understanding key ESG trends that are material to GLP is critical in shaping its corporate strategy to create a positive impact and bring value to its stakeholders. In accordance with our policy, GLP refreshed its materiality assessment prior to this report through interviews with key internal and external stakeholders and industry experts. The final report reflects the most material ESG topics to the business and is built on the back of GLP’s largest data assessment to date which consolidated country and asset level data across geographies.
Ming Mei, Co-Founder and CEO of GLP, said: “Sustainability is an essential part of our strategic thinking and long-term value creation, and we are pleased to affirm our continued commitment to environmental, social and governance efforts which serve as the robust foundation to drive change as a global corporate citizen.”
“We actively seek opportunities to meaningfully engage with our stakeholders and are pleased to present this report to transparently communicate our thinking and progress in the ESG issues that matter most to our stakeholders.” said Meredith Balenske, Head of Sustainability of GLP. “This report reinforces our commitment to creating meaningful, measurable impact in the communities where we work and operate, and we look forward to reporting on future performance annually in the spirit of transparency.”
Some of the company's notable activities in 2021 include:
- Joining the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI);
- Completing 1,109 engagements in our local communities including cultural events, natural disaster and COVID-19 relief;
- Increasing the number of green building certifications by 94% year on year
- Increasing renewable energy capacity by 191 MW of capacity, an 85% increase year on year; and
- Expanding its Spring Charity program to include 22,000 rural children across 52 schools.
Based on its progress in 2021, GLP has made the following global commitments:
- Commitment to be carbon neutral before 2050
- Build 100% of new logistics real estate developments in China, Japan, Europe, Brazil, and India to globally recognized green building certifications
- Reach 1 GW of installed solar energy capacity by year-end 2023 and encourage transition to green energy sources
- Achieve Green Star status for all GRESB submitted funds
- Install LED lighting in 100% of new logistics real estate developments
- Provide 100% of employees globally with access to continuing education, upskilling, and reskilling opportunities including ESG and decarbonization topics
- Perform climate risk assessment for every new investment starting in 2023
- Commitment to develop methods to reduce embodied carbon during construction in all new developments
The full report can be downloaded at https://www.glp.com/global/impact