Mitsui Foods Comprehensive Food Distribution Center, Nagareyama, Japan
GLP Japan provided Mitsui Foods’ first integrated food distribution center with multiple functions including refrigeration, sorting and e-commerce with its 130,000 sqm cutting-edge logistics facility at GLP ALFALINK Nagareyama
Customer's Key Challenges:
- Mitsui Foods wanted to streamline its operations by integrating logistics functions dispersed across smaller sites within the Greater Tokyo Area
- Secure an ideal location for regional distribution with a minimum floor area of 130,000 sqm
- Customer requirements included a large dry-automated distribution center, process center with three temperature zones for Mitsui Foods’ major general merchandise store (GMS) customers, fresh produce refrigerated sorting center and an online supermarket hub, which consists of three temperature zones and an automated warehouse
- Provide a comfortable working environment for employees and enhance service quality through increased productivity
- Located approximately 25 km from the Tokyo central business district and adjacent to major expressway interchanges, GLP ALFALINK Nagareyama is one of Japan's largest state-of-the-art logistics centers with a total floor area of approximately 900,000 sqm, making it suitable for both regional and last-mile distribution.
- It is the first multi-tenanted logistics facility to have a process center with three temperature zones and refrigeration facilities for a fresh produce sorting center, which is a key GLP investment. It also has a vaulted ceiling to support an automated warehouse.
- Amenities such as a cafeteria, a convenience store and a childcare center provide a comfortable working environment. The facility also provides employment support by implementing free circular bus services and bus routes to the nearest train station.
- Team of experts with extensive knowledge of cold storage, warehouse automation and process centers
- “Beyond the Best” and “One Team” mindset to meet customer demands, and to seamlessly coordinate between our sales representatives, architects, project managers and our general contractors as a one-stop solution for our customers
- Seismic isolators and backup power generators to guarantee power supply security
- Lightweight, heat-insulating and fire-resistant sandwich panels to ensure fire safety
- Rooftop solar panels to help customers meet ESG goals
- LED lighting across the warehouse to maximize energy efficiency
- LEED Gold certification as evidence for a recognized green building
【GLP ALFALINK Nagareyama】
Located in Nagareyama City in the Greater Tokyo Area, a popular area for families with young children, GLP ALFALINK Nagareyama is one of Japan's largest state-of-the-art logistics hubs with eight logistics facilities which aims to create a community and new business opportunities in the neighborhood and surrounding areas. Specifically, GLP ALFALINK Nagareyama provides small offices to support local start-ups, offers remote workspaces in response to evolving post-COVID business needs, as well as multi-purpose spaces with shared kitchens for community events and seminars. These facilities serve to strengthen ties between resident companies and the local community. From the perspective of creating business opportunities, digital signage will be used to show corporate information of each tenant company, and business exchange events will be held for new business matching. Furthermore, amenities such as a cafeteria, a convenience store and a childcare center provide a comfortable working environment. Free circular and local buses to the nearest train station will also be available. Free buses also traverse between buildings 1-8 to facilitate access to various functions of each building, enhancing the working experience throughout the entire GLP ALFALINK Nagareyama.