GLP Changshu Southeast Data Center recognized for sustainability excellence
Two-building first phase comprising approximately 40 MW achieves LEED Gold certification
2023 recipient of IDCC’s Green Data Center Award
Shanghai and Singapore, 25 September 2023 - GLP Pte Ltd. (“GLP”) has obtained LEED Gold certification for the first phase of GLP Changshu Southeast data center (“Changshu Southeast DC”) campus. Completed in a record time of six months, the first phase of Changshu Southeast DC was converted from a GLP logistics park using innovative prefabrication and modular construction methods to reduce embodied carbon, construction waste and water consumption, and expedite project delivery. The two-building first phase has delivered approximately 40 MW total IT capacity to an e-commerce giant, a leading cloud AI service provider and other customers. Upon full completion, the data center campus will offer 120MW of IT capacity to accelerate digital innovation around China’s Yangtze River Delta region.
Changshu Southeast DC also won the Green Data Center Award for the Yangtze River Delta at the 2023 China IDC Industry Annual Ceremony (IDCC). These prestigious awards recognize data center industry participants that have made notable contributions to advance innovation within the industry.
“GLP is committed to the advancement of sustainable and environmentally responsible data center development by adopting smart building techniques and material choices combined with efficient use of both power and water. We are honoured to be recognized by IDCC and this accolade is testament to our ability to deliver next generation sustainable digital infrastructure for our enterprise and hyperscale customers,” said Teresa Zhuge, Executive Vice Chairman of GLP China.
Changshu Southeast DC was certified under LEED v4 Building Design and Construction (LEED BD+C) system. The project’s sustainable achievements include:
- Preserving the structure of the original warehouse and using prefabrication construction methods and modular design to reduce embodied carbon emissions, waste and water consumption
- High efficiency and energy-saving cooling equipment and piloting new liquid cooling technology to reduce energy consumption
- High voltage direct current (HVDC) power supply which is more energy efficient and cost effective than traditional alternating current (AC) power distribution
- Improved water utilization effectiveness (WUE) through water saving appliances which improves water efficiency by 50% and rainwater recycling for use in day-to-day operations
- Planned installation of solar PV panels to meet a proportion of Changshu Southeast DC’s energy needs as well as electric vehicle infrastructure such as charging stations
Changshu Southeast DC is equipped with GLP DC Base, a proprietary multi-data center smart operation and management system which utilizes centralized control model, digital twin, and artificial intelligence technologies to monitor and manage performance parameters such as temperature, humidity, water and air quality to optimize power utilization effectiveness of the data center.
In China, GLP is one of the largest independent data center operators with assets that will deliver over 1,400 MW of IT capacity. The company’s full-service data center platform is led by a best-in-class team of over 700 professionals with deep domain knowledge across IT, utilities and mobile communications companies. In July 2023, GLP China was named one of the 'Top 10 Third-Party Data Center Operators in China for 2023’ by China Academy of Information and Communications Technology (CAICT).
GLP's global data center platform (excluding China) is known as Ada Infrastructure with 850 MW of IT load across seven in-flight campuses in Japan, the UK and Brazil, and combined with the Americas, more than 1,500 MW of total future capacity. With a world-class team of trusted industry leaders and GLP’s global presence, Ada Infrastructure is positioned to lead the industry in reliable, safe, secure, and sustainable digital infrastructure.